A common skin disorder, blackheads occur when your pores become clogged with excess sebum and dead skin cells. But scrubbing them obsessively isn’t the answer as this will only make it worse.
People tend to scrub obsessively to rid their skin of dead cells, but this is not a good way to treat blackheads as you’ll just end up drying out your skin, which will cause more oil to be created to make up for the oil you stripped away, resulting in a vicious cycle. This leaves most people puzzled and wondering – how to reduce blackheads?7 Simple Ways To Reduce Blackheads:
1. Tomato Cleanser: Rich in Vitamin A and C, with natural antiseptic properties, tomatoes help dry up blackheads. The acidity helps reduce their recurrence while this awesome astringent also helps control excessive oiliness.
How to use tomato cleanser for blackheads reduction:
Step 1: Peel and mash a small tomato.
Step 2: Apply the paste on your face and leave overnight.
Step 3: In the morning, massage your face in circular motions and wash off with cool water.
2. Egg-white Pack: Egg-whites prevent the skin from becoming greasy while keeping the moisture intact. Not only do blackheads miraculously disappear, this simple solution also prevents recurrence.
How to use egg-white pack for blackheads reduction:
Step 1: Beat one or two egg whites, mixed with one tablespoon of honey.
Step 2: Apply this mixture over the area of blackheads.
Step 3: Leave for 30 minutes and wash off with warm water.
3. Cinnamon and Honey Pore Cleanser: Honey is an antiseptic and helps keep bacteria away while cinnamon powder improves blood circulation. Cinnamon is also an anti-bacterial spice which makes for an aromatic face mask.
How to use cinnamon and honey pore cleanser:
Step 1: Combine cinnamon and honey in equal parts. When combined in equal parts, these ingredients pull out everything that is clogging your pores. Step 2: Apply the mask and wash it off after 5-10 minutes.
For best results, use this mask daily till your skin clears up.
4. Honey and Milk Pore Cleanser: A mix of milk and honey acts as a natural adhesive that removes black-heads from their roots. Milk soothes skin irritation, reduces fine lines and imparts a natural glow to the skin. Milk has lactic acid that makes skin supple, while honey has anti-bacterial properties.
How to use honey and milk pore cleanser:
Step 1: Mix the milk and honey in equal parts.
Step 2: Apply the mixture on face.
Step 3: Leave it on for half hour and wash off with cold water.
5. Almond and Gram Flour Scrub: Rich in Vitamin E and Magnesium, almond helps counter the effects of stress that are the root cause of skin problems. Gram flour removes dead cells, excess sebum and dirt effectively.
How to use almond and gram flour scrub:
Step 1: Crush 2-3 almonds to a semi-fine paste
Step 2: Mix almond paste with a teaspoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of gram flour and scrub away.
While this will rid skin of all the black heads and dead cells, it will also retain moisture.
6. Turmeric and Mint Pack: An excellent exfoliating agent, turmeric heals scars and reduces oil secretion considerably. Use the non-staining Kasturi variety of turmeric which has great anti-inflammatory properties with mint juice. Mint helps soften the skin and lighten marks.
How to use turmeric and mint blackheads reduction pack:
Step 1: Mix a teaspoon of turmeric with some mint leaves.
Step 2: Apply to the affected area.
Step 3: Let it dry naturally and wash off with warm water.
The fresh fragrance will also calm nerves.
7. Oatmeal and Yoghurt Pack: Oatmeal soothes the skin while removing dead cells and soaks up excess oil to improve the complexion. Yoghurt lends essential moisture so the skin doesn’t feel tired or dry.
How to use oatmeal and yoghurt pack:
Step 1: Mix oatmeal and yoghurt in equal parts.
Step 2: Add olive oil and lemon juice to the mixture.
Step 3: Apply on your face, leave it on for 20 minutes and wash with cool water.
This potent pack banishes blackheads instantly.